Saturday, April 13, 2013

xiv Candle Dressing/Dressing Oil

Dressing Oil

This post is about the how and what can go wrong which is part of my 5th edition. Not about what oils do what. This is a really good article since if you do not heed this warning your candle will not burn since your oils will put the flame out....trust me.....I have a candle that was made for me and it had oils that went bad. I just order a speecial box for my oils and one for my herbs. I bought one but did not realize I had so many so as soon as I get my other box so I can separate the hers from oils. I am going to test all my oils and I am sure after want I just experience they are mostly bad.

Based on an oil recipe handed down to me for dressing candles before ritual


What you need:

2 dram (10mL) clean amber or cobalt vial sweet almond oil (has vitamin E
  for preservation)
6 drops sandalwood mysore e.o.
3 drops myrrh e.o.
3 drops frankincense e.o.

Add the essential oils to the bottle and swirl them gently in order to get them
blended. Add any crystals (make sure they are clean too) and then add your base
oil to top the bottle off. I don't use crystals in all my blends but some people
add crystals to their magical blends to keep them charged with a specific
intention. Make sure to keep the oils stored away from light and write on a
sticker or piece of paper to be taped on the name of the blend, time, date, moon
phase, planetary hour and any other info you wish so that you know what you made
and when for use later. As well, be careful as these blends will eventually go
off so use your sniffer and be aware of what the blend should smell like. Once
it seems off, you can discard it, clean the bottle and start a fresh! Make sure
it is completely clean and if it cannot be completely cleaned, discard and use a
fresh one.
Remember - essential oils can cause reactions and oils like citrus can cause
photosensitivity so please - be careful ~ Herbs can be dangerous.

Essential oils are volatile so bottles left with tops off will soon lose their
potency. Ensure that oils don't get too hot and, in the case of oils like
citrus-based oils, not too cold. To test your essential oils to see if they are
pure, put a drop or two on blotter paper. Genuine essential oils will evaporate
completely.

Contributed by Red Wolf


Please this is printable compliment for your BoS


No comments:

Post a Comment