Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Question of the day?ii Mesopotamia*


If for sake of discuss we understand that man was created and was born in one exact location and then migrated. “If you want me to bog this blogger down with information that is never used I can but since I am in the process of writing a book I truly wish I did not have to hit a reference book five time a page to get though it so I am not going to give exacts unless you want to know for yours then by all mean ask me in a comment for the answer or reference’   Though man has migrated and had oceans that separated him. All of mankind had religion. We can start with the cave dweller’s religion but I am going to start with the period of timeline of Jesus of Nazareth since that was the first mass change of any kind worldwide. Every place in the world had a God….So was there many Gods. This touches on the first question in every place around the world there was mass killing and bloodshed. What are your thoughts on the many Gods since there were many countries with different cultures with different religions?

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that this question put me in deep thought for most of the day. Until I say something this evening that kind of changed that. So please bare with me and I hope this will make sense to at least some when I am through.
    Let me first say that though there are many Gods and/or Goddesses throughout time and history. There has also seemed to be only one central being that has always been portrayed as the most high or powerful over all others, no matter what culture or religion it may be. It is also that Being that we give the highest place of honor and respect
    As I said earlier this all kind of hit me in the strangest way and place-a puppy class that my dog Dooffus and I have been attending for several weeks. Let me explain...there are different breeds, ages and definitely temperaments whom I called worshipers. Then we add the owners/trainers who all have different reasons for being there, they became the lower Gods and Goddesses or Elders. Finally we add the instructor into our mixture, who I termed the Supreme Being for a better word.
    The scenario in my head went like this...in this faith or religion, our worshipers were looking for praise on what they were doing as well as guidance. While our Elders gave them that but they to looked toward another as well. Hence our Supreme Being who gave us her wisdom in the form of praise, correction and instruction. This may sound strange to some of you and that is fine. But as I thought about this question and looked not only at the faces in the room but also the interactions going on, it was rather easy to realize that I have seen similar things in places of worship at different times through out history in different places through all forms of media forms
    I hope my thought were clearly expressed to you. As someone told me earlier...there really is no right or wrong...just insight to what others think and feel. I look forward to reading your
    Until we speak again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well slap my knee, you hit the nail on the head.....ok, so there are two in the whole world that has a clue.....I think you got it. Let me ask my new question, but I tip my hat in respect that you admit there are more than one god and of course there is a top god, good question coming....again I am impress you understood what I was looking for....:)

    ReplyDelete